Friday, May 30, 2008

Farewell Nepal

Well I am officially back from my two weeks in the Himalayas. I don't have much time to update, but I found a few minutes to get down to the internet cafe to write something informative. In a couple of hours we head back to the Kathmandu airport to fly back to Penang where I will spend the next two weeks before I head back to the beautiful USA. I'm covering both sides of the emotional spectrum with happiness since I am going to be around my family and friends but also sadness since I will be leaving all of my friends here behind. It is a bit bittersweet to come back, but I am excited nonetheless.

I don't really have the time to give you the updates on the past two weeks now, but suffice it to say we spent a lot of time with a people group called the Tamang where they have a few church locations in the mountains. We also spent some time with some Sherpas and hiked up to 14,400 ft. altitude to pray over a Hindu pilgrimage site called Gosai Kunda lake. I have some great pictures to share very soon! Next time you read from me it will be from Malaysia.

3 comments:

Leslie O said...

I was so excited when I checked your blog this morning and there you were. I'll check with your Mom and try to Skype you later. Praying you safely home...Love you, Lelly

Anonymous said...

Seth,
Look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing the details of your travels. I know you have lots to share and I can't wait to read :O)

I'm thankful for the friends you have made, so many people live life so guarded they miss out on the blessings (& emotions) of friendships. In your short time together you have a lifetime of stories to share and a connection that will never fade. Pretty Cool!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I have tried several times to leave a comment...one more time! Seth, it was so good to hear from you. I along with Leslie and many others will be praying you safely home. Hopefully we will be there when you get home. Can't wait to see you!

Love,
Sissy