Friday, March 28, 2008

Biblical Worldview, Champions, and Apes.

This week we have been examining a Biblical worldview. It has been pretty interesting to see different viewpoints and the like. It has been more exciting to discuss with my dad the future plans that might take place in my life. Those conversations usually leave me a lot more confused since I want to do so many different things. I never know exactly how my future will look because of this. Hopefully it will just work itself out.

We did take the Myers-Briggs typology test to determine the, at the risk of sounding a bit eHarmony, "compatibility" of our teams going to our different locations. I ended up on a team where every single member save one of the leaders is an extrovert. I am an ENFP type, and there are many interesting things that are described by this category. It is funny that my interests and described personality line up almost perfectly. It is mainly a lot about my interest in social causes and the "retreat of evil in the world." I was pretty pleased with my results.

There was a description of the results made by a man named David Keirsey who came up with a "temperament sorter." There are four different categories of temperaments: Guardians, Idealists, Artisans, and Rationals. I happen to fall under the ctegory of an idealist. The sorter actually goes a bit further and seperates each category into four parts which I will save time and space by just including the idealists. The four categories of idealists are: Counselors, Healers, Teachers, and Champions. Could you guess which one I ended up with? If your guess was "Champion," then your right on target. Jared and I actually ended up with the exact same personality type and we have not been at all reserved about letting people know that we are the champions of the group.

We did find out that, in KL, there is a monkey on the loose. It apparently is a rhesus monkey that has decided to make its home in a tree at Jared's neighbor's house and has escaped out of someone's ownership. He has a chain on his neck and frequently runs around on Jared's roof and tries to get into the windows. We found this story incredibly amusing.

Other than that, tomorrow morning we leave for an overnight trip somewhere on the island to do some evangelism, and next weekend I will be briefly leaving Malaysia to go to Thailand for a visa renewal since I will just barely miss the deadline. That's all for now, thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seth: I guessed champion, I could name a lot more that wasn't on the list...Proud & Praying...Benny & Annie

Anonymous said...

GUESS WHAT?! The monkey has been caught! No more window tapping! Whee :)

Mandi said...

I love coming and reading what you have to say, you just never know what you will find. Wild monkeys on the loose lol. Glad the monkey was caught. Keep up the God work.