Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A quick update

I have time for a quick update because coincidentally, I realized that we are about 3 blocks away from an internet cafe that is only $1 an hour. Any time I have free time I should be able to come down here and update. The excitement is a little dulled by the realization of the fact that in my head I tried to make it seem like it was going to be a tough two weeks. Far from it, as a matter of fact. We went to the movies yesterday and sat at the mall, due to our "day off," and today had three hours of worship. It sounds like a long time, but it went by pretty fast and nobody seemed to object, despite several repeated songs.

I have officially sworn off roti bom. It was a difficult thing to commit to, but I got here and lost weight then slowly began to put weight back on. I blame the reascension on the roti bom, thus I have to swear it off. I have made a commitment, and I am about 3 quarters of the way through day 1. We'll see how it goes since the best roti bom I have had is now directly across the street from my living arrangement.

A quick list of things that I have eaten since I have been here, categorized by animal. Fish: fillets, whole, and stomachs; cow: normal meat, stomach; whole squid; chicken: intestines, liver (i eat this back home though), skin, butt, and feet; pig: fat, intestines, and normal meat; and the best for last: stingwray.

I will let you know more about how God has been working as it happens, if possible.

3 comments:

Tina said...

I'm sorry,but Roti Bom would be all I could eat if the choices were stomach, intestines and other gross meats...

Pass the sweet stuff....

I'd have to get two plane tickets for the trip back though...

praying for you!

Sissy said...

Seth...Good to hear from you and to hear that things are not too tough. If you have eaten pig feet and liked them then you have the blood of grandaddy flowing through you.

Love you & praying,
Sissy

Jeanne said...

So was stingwray listed last because it really was the best as in good best....or as in gross best? Just wondering. Because if it was gross best, then it must be pretty bad to come after intestines, whole squid, stomach and chicken butt. I think I'll be turning vegetarian. :)

It's fun to watch your journey....we pray for you often!