Monday, April 14, 2008

Expecting a new sister soon AND a trip to Nepal

Well, as most of you may already know, I have yet another little sister in my future and the potential of another younger brother. I am pretty thrilled at the sound of this news, and of course I knew a bit before any of you and I was dying to get it on here. I am so happy that our family is expanding again but I am a little distraught at the fact that one of these children is apparently going to be the reason I am lovingly "kicked out" of my parents house.

As for me, pray for my direction. I pray and pray and pray about it and seem to find that I am not getting answers. There isn't a place in the world I couldn't fit in and fit in well. I am completely confident making that statement. One of our leaders today confirmed some "nomadic" feelings I had today and said, "I just see you as someone who will not stay in one place for very long." This is something that I have felt from the moment I was in Malaysia, as I have called the national role and felt called to every country in Asia since I have been here. I'm having a lot of trouble with this decision and sometimes I think starting a brand new ministry would be the easiest outlet.

Also pray for the fact that in one week we leave for Nepal. The situation is stable and we are praying that it remains that way. This week we are focusing heavily on the 10/40 and 40/70 windows in a course called Kairos, which is Greek. It is very informative and focused on unreached people groups. Some of those groups are in Nepal as well as Indonesia, our two countries of focus in this school. Pray our way through these countries with us! Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Linda C said...

Seth, Congrats., on your new siblings to be. I know how hard it is for you to be away from Siblings now, but so grateful you have a wonderful family where you are now.
We are praying for you and the steps you will take in your future path. Thanks so much for updates.

Unknown said...

Still reading..and loving the blog. I will be praying for direction and discernment regarding your life's path, and of course your stay in Nepal...as well as your mother's peace. :)
Blessings!

Tim Patterson said...

Seth,

Don't make any rash decisions about where you are going. Come back home and let's talk!

Enjoy your time in Nepal.

Anonymous said...

Seth,

Praying for you! your mom, dad, Zach, Jadyn, your new siblings.

I am praying that you will have clarity on your decision regarding the path you are to lead. I know you have great support from home:O)

Thanks for sharing your concerns so that I can pray specifically for your needs and your praises.

Beth

Beth

Leslie O said...

Hey Sether, I know you are about ready to leave. Just in case we don't get to Skype, I wanted to let you know I will continue to pray for you. Addie prays for you every night, too.
Do you know that you inspire me? I look forward to reading your posts. I am so very proud of you. I love you and can't wait to hear about your trip to Nepal.
Lelly