Thursday, April 10, 2008

More Bangkok pictures.









From top to bottom: Bangkok Skytrain tracks, Bangkok train station, Brittany and myself sitting over some traditional Thai food, the terminal at Suvarnabumhi airport, boys playing in the dirty canal at the floating market, another boy painting at the floating market, two pictures of the expressway bridge in Bangkok and finally the King's symbol on the bridge.
I have a few more but they are similar to these. You have seen the highlights of my short, short stay in Bangkok. Next time I go back hopefully I will be there a lot longer, it really was a beautiful city with a lot of beautiful people.
This week we have been learning about personal giftedness and I have really enjoyed our speaker, Rick Hurlbut, the base leader here. He actually went to a military academy in Lebanon years ago, maybe some of you remember that military academy. He has a really powerful story and I have felt a few times that I was being bragged on by him, but I'll type more about that later. As for now, we will be leaving in just a minute for our last time with our Nepali friends. Thanks for reading and enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seth,

I enjoy reading about what's going on in your world. I also admire your appreciation of bridges (at least you took some pic's of them)! The expressway bridge with the king’s symbol is called the Kanchanaphisek Bridge. It’s a cable-stayed bridge. If you think that one looks cool you should also check out the Rama IX Bridge the next time you are in Bangkok.

Scott Wilson

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures. I especially like the one of the boys playing. Looks like having fun translates in any culture :O)
Beth