Monday, April 21, 2008

Nepal at last

After a short few hours of travel, I am finally in Kathmandu. This is the bread and butter for the whole past three months. This is what we have been preparing for. I love Nepal. We are in a not-so-very commercialized part of the city, translation, when I walk out of the guest house we are staying at while in the city, I am in a village where many shops are run by candlelight at night and they don't understand much of what you say, unless of course you speak Nepali.

We arrived in Nepal around midday and got through customs without one single problem, which was an answered prayer in itself. We were picked up and taken to our guest house by a really hospitable guy names Amos, who gave us a couple of hours to rest, which I took full advantage of, before he took us up the street to a restaurant to eat. When I say street, I mean alley with some pavement here and there and absolutely no streetlights, and when I say restaurant, I mean walk in closet with a couple of tables. Our meal was incredible. I had chowmein with buffalo meat in it and a cup of hot milk tea. I also ate several other things that other people ordered that I don't have time to describe right now, but we did have a couple of people so adventurous that they ordered cheese pizza.

I really don't have enough time to tell you much else, and honestly, don't have that much information about Nepal yet either. Today was nothing more than airplanes, naps, and food. I don't know how accesible this cafe will be since we wont be having much more free time, but I will keep you posted as often as possible. Don't lose any sleep mom! Thanks everyone else for reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seth,
Can't wait to hear your stories. May God use you and your team in a mighty way.

Praying for you & your mother
Beth

Amy said...

Your Mother loves you!

Thanks for letting us know you're there.

Love, Mom

Jason Stewart said...

Praying great adventures for you and a ready soil to be harvested!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Seth,
Sorry I missed re-connecting with you via Skype before you left for Nepal... Thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers. Keep a look over your shoulder, one of us will always be there! Oh, by the way, telling a mother whose son is thousands of miles away from home to "not lose sleep." is kinda like telling Col, Sanders to not eat chicken ! Hang in there, remember why your there and we'll see you soon...

Love Ya,

Vern