Sunday, February 24, 2008

A boring weekend

Hello everyone, and sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days. It has been a pretty eventless few days and as a matter of fact I have had more than enough time to post but unfortunately, I am that lazy. There hasn't been much to write about anyway, and that is how I am justifying my lack of blogging regularity.

Something near and dear to my heart is currently having some problems: my iPod. I bought it right before I left too. It is actually acting so weird on me that I took it to an Apple retailer to see if the good Mac doctor could make a diagnosis. The end result was a confusing conversation between some Asians and myself. In the end, I gathered that my iPod reads as a blank cd for some reason when it is plugged in and they couldn't do anything for me. I was, however, given a card for the Apple support center here on the island. I was told that if they could fix it they would and that if they couldn't I would get a new iPod because it is still under warranty, and either one of those options is okay with me.

After walking the girls home last night, we ran across a snake slithering across the road. Jared kept suggesting that I catch it but I wasn't interested because it was just a baby python. I told him that he was more than welcome to grab it himself and began coaching him through grabbing him. The snake didn't get picked up. We stood in the road for a little bit and looked at it and some guys on motorbikes stopped and told us that it was a python. I felt snake savvy having known previously that it was a python. This was the most riveting event that happened this weekend, save the one hour of kayaking in the ocean which led to very sunburned knees and salt-burned eyes.

Also, I have discovered that God wants me to become fat. I already told you about the roti bom that I eat on a regular basis. At first, I would have thought it a terrible thing to be on a first name basis with the Tamil fellows that run this place. It would, after all, just be a testimony of how it is easy to remember the customer that always comes and gives you money for your most fattening menu items. What I didn't think about, was the fact that all of these fellows are Muslims, and though I haven't openly sat down and asked Dahir or Ali about Jesus they have seen me with my Bible and that we have had small group Bible study there at their shop. It takes some tactics to just share with a Muslim fellow but hopefully my attitude and actions are speaking to their lives. I have two a month and a half more of eating their greasy fatty foods. I ask that you pray for my friends. Pray for my stomach too, I am getting fat in the name of Jesus anyway. Thanks for reading!

No comments: