Friday, February 29, 2008

Fighting lions.

I have been having a ridiculous time lately thinking of things to write and finding time to write them. I have had a pretty busy week trying to get things taken care of before our midterm outreach that is the week after next, a period of two weeks when I will not have a computer and if I can post it will be information I have given my mom over the phone and she has put on here for me. Once we are home, after the two weeks in Georgetown, we will have exactly four weeks of lectures before we leave for our outreach locations.



After a couple of Apple shop stops pertaining to my iPod, I was referred to the tech support center here in town when the other shops couldn't tell me what the problem was. After looking at the iPod for a few minutes the girl told me everything that I already knew. According to the shop, the iPod classics have been having the problem pretty frequently and she said if they couldn't fix it they would give me a new one in five to seven business days. I can't argue with that.

In my quiet time a couple of days ago, I was reading in 1 Samuel 17, and I came across the part where David is telling Saul how he can fight Goliath just as he fought the lions in the wilderness when he was shepherding his flock. God prepared David for his big fight by giving him lions to build his courage and strength. At the time, I wonder what David thought about having to deal with a lion, because I know that I would have soiled myself. David fought them like any good shepherd would have, and little did he know that every lion he fought readied him more and more for a fight against a giant to save the nation of Israel from the Philistines. After that fight, I think that David was really thankful to God for sending him the lions. I have been wondering to myself how I have handled the lions in my past and how I will handle the lions in the future, and also the giants that I will kill after being prepared by the smaller fights.. I am beginning to look forward to them instead of opposing them.

I experienced another funny thing with John. When we went to the Apple store we brought a taxi home and the driver was a Tamil fellow and John immediately began talking to this fellow in his native language. After the cab ride John and the cab driver exchanged information. Come to find out, the cab driver was a believer and listened to John and decided that it was mandatory for John to come and speak at his church. As I type this, a police car pulled up with John in the back. The police officers decided that they should check John's passport information. Everyone is in a pretty quick struggle to find John's passport, so that is all I have to say right now. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seth,

I've been out of the loop for the past week, as I went to visit my sister~Renee, who is in prison in Memphis. She has been in prison for 5 1/2 years, and hasn't been able to have visitors for the past 6 months. It was wonderful!

Caught up on your post(and your dad's). I can't help but to wonder what it's like around your table at Thanksgiving ~ ya'll crack me up. Really need to write a book.

Beth :O)