Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It is official...

On 21 April I will be leaving Malaysia on a plane bound for Kathmandu. We don't even officially know our plans yet. One of the other bases will most likely have a bunch of different things set up for us to do with local villages in the surrounding areas. Any time I am not in Kathmandu, I positively will not have internet. So I can tell you now not to expect quite as frequent blog posts. Any time we are in Kathmandu though, there are internet cafes about every three buildings from what I hear.

I am thrilled about the fact that I will be hiking around in the Himalayas and hanging out with some of the most beautiful people on the planet. I am even more excited about the fact that these people will have a chance to see who Jesus truly is, and you can also add the fact that this is, at times, the poorest country in the world. Everything is cheap there and I have already heard stories about the free roaming oxen, not cows. The beauty of Nepal is that they eat the oxen. I was told to get use to the idea of losing a lot of weight and that I would probably be skipping meals, because for six weeks i will be eating mostly rice and daal. Not a very exciting thing, but losing weight isn't something I consider a bad thing. I have lost quite a bit since I have been in Malaysia, says the people around me. You might not recognize me when I get back.

I would like to ask you to pray for stability. Nepal is currently undergoing some heavy, heavy change in their system. They have had a king the entire length of the country's existence and still do. This is the king's last year as a governing body. Nepal will be having their first election in the history of their country in April, the month we are going there. I am not worried about anything at all and I trust God to protect us, rather the people there I am thinking about often and would like for you to do the same.

One more thing: I don't know how it caught my eyes, but as I looked on a map of the continent of Asia hanging on our classroom wall, one place stuck out and caught my attention. I don't know why, but the first place my eyes fell on was Mandalay, Myanmar. Part of me feels that I need to visit, and I don't know what for. I would like to ask that you pray God would reveal to me a reason for going there, if in fact it wasn't my own brain telling me to go. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

The Collector said...

Seth, We are so happy that you get to go to Nepal. Our God is awesome to serve and we are blessed to see how he works in your life day after day. We will be praying for you and the people of Nepal. May God use you in mighty, mighty ways.

The Priborskys

Anonymous said...

Seth: We are still praying..thanks for the updates....will be praying for the people of Nepal...Love you, Annie & Benny