Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Day #2


Day 2 and I'm feeling much much better after I have been rested. I had to dry off with the t-shirt I was wearing. I think the fatigue of travel was making me an emotional wreck. I'm ok now. I just need my luggage with all my pictures of the family and everything. My roommate is a Malaysian college student who speaks very broken English and the native Malay language along with four different dialects of Chinese. We went to KFC for supper yesterday. I slept fairly well though.
A trip back to the airport is on the schedule today to pick up other students and check on my luggage. I am the only student here so far. I know that there will be another American, a Canadian, an Indian and a bunch of Malaysians. Everyone on staff I have met so far is super nice. As more people get here I expect it to get better and better. My quiet time this morning was Romans 8:18. Not verbatim but something to the effect of "Our suffering that we are experiencing is nothing compared to the glory we are to receive." I definitely consider being without family and friends "suffering" of sorts. I am trying to post some pictures I hope it works!... I love you all.

7 comments:

Alison B. said...

cool pictures! i agree with your dad. you gotta go inside out.

Jeanne said...

YAY for pictures...and for rest! Hope you got that luggage. Keep up the great blogging!

Linda C said...

Thankful your rested, excited to hear that you WILL (positive vibes) get your luggage today. Love your postings. Prayed for in Smyrna,
Linda

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to see you made it and enjoyed the pictures. You take really nice pictures! I know you will feel much better with clean clothes and things from home. Looking forward to following your blog.

Kathy Merkt (Chloe's mom from Fuling)

Tina said...

Praying for you. KNOWING this is JUST THE BEGINNING of some mind blowing things our God is going to accomplish THROUGH you!!!

Taking YOUR name to the throne of heaven,
Tina

Unknown said...

Seth,
I am very excited about what God is showing everyone else through you. I will continue to hold you up through prayer to our Lord. May this be the testimony you will use to help other young people as they pass through the tender trials of young adulthood.
God Bless,
Julia Martin

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro, just wanted to let you know I love ya man, and really miss you already. Were goin to have to put that Kelty pack to use once you get back. I'm really proud and encouraged by what your doing. The changes that I've seen in your life are all done by Gods grace and His grace alone, and all for His glory, and I its leaving an impact on others here too. I'll leave you with Christs Great Commision:

"Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Clinging to the Cross
-Brandon