Thursday, January 31, 2008

No one more blunt than an 11 year old Indian girl

It is funny that one day you feel that God is speaking to you through the words of an 11 year old Indian girl and a few days later the very same girl tells you that long hair isn't "suitable for you because you're fat." Apparently, there is no one on the planet more blunt than an 11 year old Indian girl. One day she may be speaking the very words of God and the next she may be telling you in her nicest fashion that you're a bit portly. I couldn't seem to find it in my heart to be upset with her because it was, in reality, a very funny situation.

That seems to be a recurring theme while I am here though. I heard my Singaporean friend Tiffany say, "before we leave I want to see Seth mad or at least frustrated because he is so mellow." My Canadian friend Hailey said last nite as a small group of us we sat on the patio of a Malaysian resaurant that she "apologizes for her sharp comments" because it was her goal to make me mad and it was getting under her skin that it "seemed impossible to." I have clarified here that the only people that make me mad are my brother and my best friends. So as it stands, I haven't made myself out to be a liar, or I haven't opened myself up enough for the people around me to get really close to me. I am still going to work on the first though.

Tomorrow in our lectures Jeff and Diane Littleton, the couple that I smuggled drugs in the country for (or vitamins and supplements if you want to call them that), will be heading up our class. Jeff will be doing an individual prayer time with each of us where he will be using his gift of prophecy to pray over us. It will be a very interesting class. I am anxious to hear what he says in regards to me.

We also have books supplied by the staff we are suppose to be reading. I love reading but it is SO hard to read a book you are told you have to read. I felt the same in high school. Honestly, I figured out that in the first book there were skeletal outlines at the end of each chapter explaining the contents of the particular chapter. I cheated. I'm not sorry either. I got the main idea of each chapter without inconveniencing myself with the superfluous examples. The second book is a bit more interesting though. It is by Loren Cunningham, the guy that started YWAM. It is called, Is That Really You, God? It is a pretty good read and I have read most of it in my free time today. I made the decision that procrastination was something I was going to work on so I'm putting that into practice because it isn't required to have this book read for another two weeks. If I finish this one early, I'll be able to continue reading the books I brought and WANT to read.

I do want to say sorry for the lack of pictures lately. I promise I will try to get with it.

I think that pretty much sums up my thoughts and feelings for the day. I'm going to continue on with this book so hopefully I can be done by tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Tina said...

Come to prison with me and you will find your Indian girl's equals.
"Tina, have you gained weight? Your butt is lookin' bigger."

Love abounds in many places. :)

Praying...

Tiffany said...

Ohhhhh my come to over to the actual country my friend and hear what ALLLLLL of them say, so NOT tactfully but ever so sincere!

I have had to get over the fact that no matter where I go here, more because I am 6 ft tall and most of them here are say . . . 5 ft, that when I ask to see a salwar khameez outfit I have to ask for the "big size"! Nothin hurts your ego more than having to actually say those words OUT LOUD to someone with a whole bunch of other people standing around in a circle trying to see what the funny looking white lady is buying! HA!

Only for God!

Christi said...

It must be all 11 year old girls. Savannah asked me if my swelling had gone down yet from having Piper. I said yes honey, unfortunately since Piper is 7 months old, I can no longer blame the swelling! Thanks for asking. On the other hand, Maveric was rooting for me to win Miss America because he was convinced that I was Miss California, nothin' like a Momma's Boy!! Can't wait to hear about the prophetic praying!! Christi Richey

Anonymous said...

Seth: Out of the mouth of babes,When I was 30 yrs.old Macklin & Elijah Ben were guessing how old I was, & ?Elijah Ben said he thought I was 73.......wow what a blow to your ego, I just considered the source & his age...Love ya, Benny & Anna Ruth

Gwen Oatsvall said...

that was hilarious and i need all the laughter i can get these days ... praying for you and will be checking in now that i know you have a blog..

Anonymous said...

Seth,

I'm looking forward to reading about your
individual prayer time.

If you have some pointers to pass on regarding staying mellow and
not procrastinating I'd love to hear them.
Beth :O)(O: