Saturday, January 19, 2008

Brad Pitt and Beautiful Beaches

Today was an incredibly full day. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera (I'm sorry everyone). It wasn't anything we won't do again though so fear not (maybe I can talk everyone into reenacting).

We went to 2 movies in 2 days. Jared and I picked both and we apparently are terrible at picking movies. The first day we went and saw a movie called "Gabriel," a movie about fighting angels and demons and the had guns, possibly the worst movie ever. Today we decided on the movie "In The Name Of The King." A slight bit better but our aim didn't improve much. It had everything: set in midevil times and one person spoke with an English accent (the rest didn't), there were ladies that swung from vines in trees, chinese acrobat ninjas, and the bad guys were an army of ninja turtles controlled by a magician played by Ray Liotta. You can imagine what a box office smash this movie was.

After Jared and I agreed to never pick a movie again we took a bus to Batu Feringgi. That is where the night markets are. We walked into a resort like we owned it and were hasseled by hotel staff and people trying to rent us jet ski's or kuda's (horses). tehn we walked down possibly the most beautiful beach I have ever been on. Then we shopped around and I got a pair of Ray-Bans for $5, can you believe that?! I'm not that stupid I know they are fake, but Yee Vonne, one of the Chinese girls here told me I looked like Brad Pitt with them on. Apparently I'm in the right place, and it's a good thing when all white people look alike I have found out. There wasn't a whole lot of apologetical bible study or discernment about today just a lot of walking around. It was a lot of fun though. Soon I'll be heading to bed since I have church in the morning. Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

The Shingletons said...

Hey Brad! just wanted you to know that we are keeping up with you! we are so excited about what God is doing in your life right now. i know you will be used in mighty ways there, but you are an amazing example to many here also. we love you and are praying for you. glad you are feeling better. shawnah

Sissy said...

Hello Dude...it was great talking to you and even better being able to see you on Skype. All the noise and laughter in the background sounded like you were having lots of fun. You do look good, but you are much better looking than Brad Pitt. Hope you enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

Love & prayers,
Sissy

The Mills said...

Hey Seth.....If white people all look the same there, then Brad Pitt looks like YOU!!....Enjoying my armchair journey with you...Be safe and be smart! Lori

Anonymous said...

Seth,

Glad your feeling better. Thanks for keeping us posted and allowing me to share a small part in your journey.

Beth

Anonymous said...

Seth: Thank you for the funny posts..I check them out first thing in the morning....starts my day off good....you are doing our family proud, keep on keeping on......with love & prayers, Benny & Anna Ruth