Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The mother side of the Father

I'm sorry that yesterday I couldn't post anything but I had a terribly busy day. I was on my feet pretty much from breakfast to bedtime.

We had a pretty good continuation on the father heart of God yesterday but we shifted gears today and started on a whole new playing field. Today we discussed the mother heart of God. I have to say, honestly, I never thought of God from that perspective and I learned a lot about the mother side of the Father today. A bit of a paradox I know, but it was incredible. We also discussed the four types of love today: Agape, Phileo, Eros and Storge (with the main focus on storge). It felt a little irrelevant to me because I have never felt that I lacked the love of a mother or a father. I could understand the need for today's lesson though, due to the fact that there is someone in our class who is the survivor of an abortion. A pretty powerful testimony they have.

I signed up to be a member of the worship team. I hadn't played a guitar in a while, I have to admit, but when I sat down and began to play I felt that I was in the right place. The songs are a bit old fashioned at times but it doesn't matter to me like it once did. I enjoy playing the songs now for the message behind them. It is funny that I am realizing that a lot of my prerebellion stage was mostly just me jumping through hoops. I didn't recognize it then but I do now. I am thankful for where I am, where I have been and who I am because of it.

Also, I'd like to thank the Shingletons for making fun of my darkest hour. Who knew that Habanero sauce was a weakness of mine. If you eat at Sticky Fingers remember me! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

The Zehrs said...

We did miss you yesterday. We always check first thing in our morning. Glad you had a good day!

Sissy said...

I too missed you yesterday! I enjoy hearing your daily experiences.

Love you lots...Sissy

Anonymous said...

SETH: I AM WAITING ON SOME PHOTOS....make some of your friends that you mention often & tell us who is who...take care, Love, Benny & Annie