Saturday, January 5, 2008

Tomorrow...You're only a day away

Tomorrow is the day. I will be "leaving on a jet plane" but as far as I know I'm returning June 16th. Malaysia bound with a purpose. I don't think I have ever been more excited in my entire life. I'm in a win-win situation. I get to tell people about Jesus AND hang out with Asian women all at the same time. It may be tough but I figured somebody had to make the sacrifice. As much as I don't keep a blog very well, or even follow e-mail for that matter, I will being doing my best to maintain a consistent blog with new pictures and information about how God is evidently working throughout southeast Asia.
As I have already said, I am absolutely thrilled about going to Asia. I would however rather take the worst beating of my life than sit on planes for more than an entire days worth of hours. I don't know that I can really count that as suffering for Christ, but if I find out I can, I assure you that it's going on my spiritual resume in bold and underlined script. I think I've said all that needed to be said today, and I still have pretty much all of my packing to do. God Bless

9 comments:

Sissy said...

As I checked your Mom's blog, I ran across yours. Please know that I am so very proud of you. This is a major step and it sure doesn't seem like you should be old enough to be traveling half way around the world (all by yourself). I love you sweet Seth, and my prayers will be with you as you go. Be safe and enjoy every second of this adventure!
Love, Sissy

Becca said...

We will be praying for you Seth. And following your blog!! Look forward to seeing what God does through you and in you!

Amy said...

My dearest Seth,

I cannot even begin to say how very proud of you that I am. That is an exciting time for you and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you. You are an amazing young man of God and you have come so very far. Your Dad and I could not be any more proud of what you have become. Your desire to love people and love God rivals anyone that I know. You make my heart smile.

I love you,
Mom

Jeanne said...

Hey Seth!
You've joined my list of missionaries on the fridge and we'll definitely be praying as you journey down this new and very exciting path with God. Can't wait to see and hear the updates of all you are doing, how you are growing, and how the Lord is being glorified all along the way!

Kelly said...

You will be in our prayers often! Can't wait to see how God moves around you in and in you!

Alison B. said...

Seth we are so proud of you and can't wait to follow your blog and read about your adventures. Know we're praying for you and we know you're going to have the time of your life.

Andie said...

Praying for you today as you begin God's latest adventure for your life.

Anonymous said...

Seth,

We are so excited for you as you start your journey that God has chosen for you. We look forward to following it and seeing God work in and through you. Maybe you'll be home in time for the Panda Pal reunion! You will be amazed at how happy and big our spicey girl is. Please know we will pray for you daily. You are in good hands while you are away from home. I'll also keep your mom company (via email) while you are gone in hopes she is not so lonely.

The Merkts

The Johnson Family said...

What an amazing journey you are on!! I will be following along and praying for you!