Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I can't think of a decent title.

Today after our class we had a session where we broke into groups to encourage each other. I was told that I looked like a bouncer outside of a nightclub that people know not to mess with HA! I was also told that God was going to work with me just as I was and that i didn't have to look for him or try to perform to get his love. That's pretty encouraging if I say so myself.

The days are beginning to move a little faster which I think I am thankful for. I would like to get back home but it is starting to become a family thing than just a bunch of people from all over the world. So far I have a great friend Jared who is Chinese and we have gotten along from the start. His friendship has encouraged me in a brotherly way and it is getting easier to enjoy it.

I have been taking many, many pictures and soon will have them posted (hopefully in the next 24 hours). I also have a "unspoken" prayer request that I would like to ask everyone back home to pray for. It pertains to back home it is just a little personal for a friend and I don't want to expose any information I shouldn't. Thanks everyone! I am off to small groups.

2 comments:

The Zehrs said...

We can't wait to see more photos. Elijah loved the spy van :)! I am glad that your classes are going well and that the days are getting shorter you. We miss you!

The Shingletons said...

praying for your friend! we love you, shawnah